Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) Update
Once you install SP2 for Exchange 2003, you can get monthly updates for the Intelligent Message Filter though the Microsoft Updates website. That’s great except that you must manually create a registry entry in order to use this new feature.
- Ensure that Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is installed on the machine
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Expand the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftExchange
- In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ContentFilterState, and then press ENTER to name the new registry entry.
- Right-click ContentFilterState, and then click Modify.
- In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
In the Services snap-in, restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service.