Outlook Will Not Connect To Exchange Server – 32 MAPI Connection Limit
- Outlook is in a constant state of Disconnected
- You confirmed that your DNS settings are correct and that you can ping your exchange server by name.
- You create a new outlook profile and it will not initiate – Outlook says: “Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or the Exchange computer is down for maintenance”
- You create a new outlook profile for this user on a different computer with the same result.
- You create a new outlook profile for a different user and it works normally.
You have reached the 32 MAPI connection limit.
Specifically this part:
To grant View Information Store Status permissions, follow these steps:
- In Exchange System Manager, right-click the Exchange Server object or the mailbox store to which you want to grant the permissions, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the account to which you want to grant the permissions.If the account is not listed, click Add, click the account name, click Add, and then click OK.
- Under the Allow column, click to select the View information store status check box, if this check box is not already selected.
- Click to clear the check boxes for any permissions that are not required, and then click OK.Note You may have to follow this step if you clicked Add to add the account in step 3. This is because every check box in the Allow column was selected when you added the account in step 3.