Deleting Multiple Printers in Windows 7
All of the printers on my Windows 7 machine need to be deleted and reinstalled. I must right-click each printer and delete it individually. There are 15 printers and it takes forever. With prior versions of Windows I could simply highlight them all, right-click, and delete them all at once.
- Click Start, type in the Start Search box, and then click MMC in the Programs list
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the Available snap-ins list, click Print Management, and then clickAdd. You may have to wait several seconds for the snap-in to be added.
- In the Configure Print Management window, click “Add the Local Server”
- Click Finish.
- Click OK.
- In the Print Management Snap-In expand Print Management, Print Servers, YourServer (local)
- Click on Printers
- In the list of printers you can now select and delete multiple printers at once