Fatal Error Occurred while trying to sysprep
- Go to Sysprerp folder i.e. c:\windows\system32\sysprep\Panther
- Then move or delete all contents of the Panther folder to another folder for backup purpose.
- Now run the sysprep.exe
For few user’s sysprerp starts by stopping mediaplayer process running and by uninstalling & installing mstdc. For me everything without success but above steps works 100%.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep folder & edit Unattend.xml file & delete skiprearm=1.
- Open Registrey Editor & Set GeneralizationState to 7 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\SysprepStatus\
- Open Command Prompt as Adminitrator & run below commands,
- Open Registrey Editor & Set SkipRearm to 1 Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\
Try to run Sysprep
- Net stop WMPNetWorkSvc
- Try to run Sysprep