How To Edit the msExchMixedMode Attribute
When upgrading from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, the setup wizard showed a failure because the Exchange 2003 server was still in Mixed Mode. I went through the normal steps to change it to Native Mode. However, the change was never seen by the Exchange 2007 setup wizard because the active directory attribute was never changed. Here’s how to change it manually. Keep in mind that this is probably a bad idea and you should fix whatever synchronization problem is preventing the attribute from changing normally.
To change the value of the msExchMixedMode attribute to False, follow these steps:
- Start the ADSI Edit tool.
- Expand Configuration Container, and then expand CN=Configuration, DC=Domain, DC=com.
- Expand CN=Services, and then expand CN=Microsoft Exchange.
- Right-click CN=Organization, and then click Properties.
- On the Attributes tab in the Select which properties to view box, click Both.
- In the Select a property to view box, click msExchMixedMode.
- Click Clear.
- In the Edit Attribute box, type False.
- Click Set, and then click OK.
- Quit the ADSI Edit tool.