Officescan Database Backup and Restore
I tried to install Officescan 10 today for the third time. The first two installations at other clients went smoothly. This time it would not let me install the Integrated Smart Scan because Apache was already installed. I removed apache and continued the install. The install completed without any further errors but it never reinstalled Apache. I was left with a broken installation.
This is when I discovered that there is no Repair function in the Officescan installer. You can only uninstall it.
- The HTTPDB folder contains your database with all of the Officescan settings. Stop the Officescan Master Service service and then make a backup copy of this folder.
- Uninstall Officescan.
- Reinstall Officescan.
- Stop the Officescan Master Service service again.
- Copy your backed up HTTPDB folder into the Officescan folder.
- Start the Officescan Master Service service
- Log into the web console and everything should be there.