SQL 2008 R2 Shrink Log Files in Management Studio
Set Logging To Simple
If you want to prevent further growing you need to set your database logging to simple (but only if you do Full Backups of your database!).
- Right click on your database
- Choose Properties
- Choose Options
- Set Recovery mode to simple
Shrink The Database
- Open up Sql Management Studio
- Right click the database, Tasks > Shrink > Files.
- Under File Type, choose the the log file. Be sure to mark option
Release unused spaceas the shrink action, click OK.